The Book Fair took place online, at the Hellenic Foundation of Culture with an impressive of online visitors, from 19 to 29 November 2020, under the auspices of R.H.. of the President of the Hellenic Republic, Katerina Sakellaropoulou.
The 17th TIBF, due to the extremely unfavorable conditions of the pandemic, was hosted in a specially designed studio at the premises of the Hellenic Foundation for Culture.
The 17th TIBF is objectively reflected through the power of numbers:
• 11 days duration
• 100 hours of live broadcast
• 4 simultaneous transmission channels
• 112 participations of publishers and organizations
• 210 events in total
• 700 speakers, of which more than 40 international entries by great authors
• 5 thematic axes
• 3 Festivals
• 57 events, 16 publishing houses and 8 cultural institutions from the Children’s Corner – Adolescents ‘Corner – Teachers’ Corner
• 806 participants in the 6 Greek-German business meetings (publishers, translators, booksellers, editors)
• 23 events with the participation of Russia in the context of the year of Language and Literature
• 1186 total posts on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• 144 576 minutes of video watching on facebook and youtube • 35% of visitors were aged 18-34
• 28% of the event was attended by people in the United States, Germany, England, France, Cyprus etc.
The president of the Hellenic Foundation for Culture, Nikos A. Koukis, pointed out briefly: ‘We are happy because we have completed a difficult project and we have met our responsibilities’.